In honor of the World Cup Tomorrow (go Argentina!) we are sharing our Brazil Nut Tofu Recipe for you!
Brazil nuts contain over 700% of your daily intake for Selenium, a mineral essential to the Immune System and Thyroid Function - Both which you'll need while watching the game with friends!
Also big benefits in the magnesium department which helps with the functioning of muscles, the production of protein and absorption of energy from food.
- 4 - 5 Leeks Thinly Sliced or Chopped in food processor
- 4 Garlic Cloves Chopped
- Sesame Oil - 2 - 3 Tbs.
- Broccoli Heads, trimmed bite size (about 3 cups)
- 1 Cup Carrots, shredded
- 2 Cups Corn (find Non GMO, Organic, frozen at Trader Joe's!)
- 1 Package of Organic, Sprouted Tofu
- 1 Cup Brazil Nuts Whole, Raw
- Braggs Liquid Amino's
Fry it up!
- Chop Garlic - Add to Large Stir Fry Pan with Sesame Oil over Med/High Heat
- Slice Leeks, Add to pan, Cook until almost soft (about 3 min.)
- Prepare Broccoli to bite size, add to pan, allow edges to turn deep green, don't overcook
- Squirt in some Bragg's Aminio's to Juice up the pan so far :-)
- Cut Tofu into bite size blocks, add to pan and stir with rest of veggies
- Continue to warm for 3 min.
- Chop Brazil Nuts in food processor (leave them crunchy)
- Transfer all ingredients into a large mixing bowl - add carrots, corn and chopped nuts
- Taste - drizzle with more Bragg's and Sesame Oil if necessary